|Position Title:||Senior Resource Geologist|
|Reports to:||Corporate Development Manager|
Based in Vancouver, and reporting to the Corporate Development Manager, the Senior Resource Geologist will actively participate in the review of project opportunities for potential acquisition or investment by providing high quality resource modeling, estimation, and technical reporting.
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of new growth opportunities for the Company;
- Conduct resource modelling and estimation of new projects under evaluation, as well as existing operations;
- Present the technical merits of various projects, to assist the Corporate Development Team and Senior Management with making investment decisions;
- Conduct field studies and onsite due diligence at remote project sites;
- Contribute to effective and efficient data management for new and ongoing projects;
- Assist in preparation of Technical Reports (NI 43-101), news releases, presentations and other disclosures as required;
- Provide technical expertise to Silvercorp’s affiliated companies when requested;
- Manage ad-hoc projects and conduct analysis as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong capabilities with database management, QA/QC protocols and geostatistical analysis;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and resource modeling and GIS related software packages, e.g., Micromine (strongly preferred), ArcGIS, etc.;
- Results driven with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced international corporate setting with the ability to work amongst different cultures across different time zones;
- Unwavering commitment to safety principles and their implementation;
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong mentoring capabilities;
- Additional language fluency considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Geology, Geoscience, or similar field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in geological modeling and resource estimation;
- Certified Professional Geologist designation and Registered with EGBC (or eligible for registration).
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- Availability via mobile device outside of office hours
- This position is based in our Vancouver head office with international travel for due diligence site visits as required.
Silvercorp offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please click on submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.